Careers -> Current Opportunities:
Universal Electronics, Inc. has over 30 years experience in the EMS industry. Headquartered in our Whitewater, WI facility, Universal Electronics, Inc. supports over 50 customers and 500 printed circuit board assemblies and sub assemblies. We manufacture for customers in the medical, test equipment, industrial, agricultural, and scientific instrumentation.
Sr. SMT Operator - Whitewater
This position is in our Whitewater, WI facility, and in our NPI/Prototype department.
NPI works with Customer Service to help NPI build from quote to shipment. A Sr. SMT operator is required to be technically strong in SMT manufacturing, but also must understand internal and external customer demands. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with all SMT manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with NPI Manager and NPI team to understand and develop expectations and ensure activities are scheduled to meet expectations.
- Ability to read customer and/or engineering documents.
- Ensure internal and external tasks are completed to support expectations.
- Support a build schedule by completing SMT builds on time.
- Coordinate with Production to ensure manufacturing resources are available.
- Prioritize the work load for the department based on the operation's overall goals.
- Knowledge of SMT Processes.
- Provide feedback to design team of any design issues that need to be addressed prior to release to production.
- Make recommendations to correct and resolve problems by suggesting design changes, process or equipment changes, and tooling modifications.
- Interact regularly with production personnel, NPI team and NPI Manager.
Required Skills, Experience:
- Electronic manufacturing SMT experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Familiarity with CAD a plus.
- Energetic with the ability to inspire a sense of urgency in others.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and work in a Team environment.
- Knowledge of IPC quality standards.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Takes pride in ones work.
- Health & life insurance.
- 401 (k) plan with company contribution.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible hours.
The variety of products and processes encountered in the contract electronic manufacturing business makes this an excellent opportunity for personal career growth.
If interested please mail or fax your resume to:
Universal Electronics, Inc. c/o Human Resources
640 N Prospect Drive
Whitewater, WI 53190.
Ph: 262-458-1000, Fax: 262-458-1010
UEI is an equal opportunity employer.